Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A couple of new challenges for myself

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.  either that or I need pressure to write.  I've signed up for 2 events that are both happening next month and I'm excited about both of them.



The first event is Camp NaNoWriMo.  I did this event last August but I figured I would take on the April event this year as well.  This is similar to the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which is held in November, but in this event you can determine what you are doing and what your measure of success is.  I decided to follow through on the same theme as the November event and will again be writing a 50,000+ word novel during the month.


Of course, just because that might not be enough pressure, I also signed up for the NYC Midnight Screen Writing Challenge of which the first round will take place on April 24- May 2.  Just to add a little bit of fun to things.  I found the Short Screen Play Challenge last year to be fun and informative in terms of what I wrote and the feedback from both peers and the judges was invaluable.  I hope to apply that to this challenge.

So, if you are looking for a challenge or inspiration, these are 2 upcoming event I recommend.

Have fun and WRITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment